"My love for you is a journey. Starting at forever and ending at never." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

It was a good weekend.
Friday evening I don't remember what we did.

Saturday the boys called my mom & sung happy birthday to her.  She loved it.  After breakfast the boys headed off to the Y & this momma stayed at home.  I had piles of laundry to work on & a very very dirty house to clean.  So I did that instead.
Steve had a few basketball games to broadcast on Sat afternoon/evening.  He is now done with those (yes, babe I know you loved them but I think there was a reason).  I'm glad (but also sad for him) because he has to work extra hours at his real job so he is still pretty tired in the evenings/weekends.
The boys & I decorated the cake for my momma's bday.  

It was called "Chocolate Wasted Cake" that I found on pinterest.  Click the link to get the recipe but beware... even though I think it turned out pretty good, it was very, VERY rich.  
Let me just say a little went a LONG way.
Uncle Michael came over as well to play, which made the boys night.

Sunday we were up bright & early so that we could attend church with my family for my mom's birthday.  
The boys taking a bath before church.
Afterwards we went out for "bonus" dinner.  Every year my dad gets a holiday bonus he takes us all out for dinner.  He pays for everyone's meals & drinks...well only non-alcoholic drinks, which is fine with us.  
Thank you Mom & Dad for a great lunch.  (I don't think I told you that)
Everyone was there except my youngest brother.  After dinner we headed back to my mom & dad's to have cake & ice cream & visit for a while.

Monday morning the boys & I headed off to the Y so that I could get my spinning class in early.  We then met up with Grandma Linda & headed to our house for lunch & then to FV to hit up bed, bath & beyond.  God I love that store.  It's got so much stuff.  While we were there browsing for a shower gift I found this

It's a collapsible cupcake & cake holder.  There have been numerous times that I needed a cake carrier & I didn't have one.  Well now that problem is solved!  AND it's a cupcake holder too!  Whoot!
We then hit up Aldi for some groceries.  I wasn't as impressed as I had been years ago.  I mean some of their items were cheaper but I think a lot of the things I buy I can find at Wal-Mart or Schnucks (on sale of course) for the same price.  I don't think I'll be a frequent visitor of Aldi.
Milk was cheap at $2.79 gal.
We took mom back to her car & then headed home to unload & try to take naps, which didn't happen.  I really wanted one too.  We watched the Avengers & then I made spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread.  Once daddy got home I had 2 glasses of wine & mellowed out for the evening.

Happy Monday! er...Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment